SystemTrader is a product of Edge SARL, a software company based in Paris, France. Edge began in 2008 to sell stock market software in France. With SystemTrader for OS X, the company now provides a high-quality solution for individual traders and investors based in the US and Europe and running on Macintosh.
A very small company, Edge is also extremely efficient thanks to the use of the most productive development processes, tools and programming languages. Our aim is to make software which is:
- Easy to learn - You can use the basic features right after launching.
- Flexible and powerful - You can do things we did not think of.
- Fast and responsive - You can spend time focussing on your tasks, not on the software.
- Innovative - Unique features distinguish our products.
- Affordable - Enterprise level solutions at individual level prices.
Edge also launched LaTornade.fr, a website that allows its members to exchange books, DVD, blu-rays and video games.
Laurent Destriau - President and Founder - Short bio:
Raised in the south-west of France, I also lived for a year in the US. I learned software engineering while completing my Master of Computer Science degree at the University of Technology of Compiegne (France) and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (USA). I also studied start-up management at one of Europe's top business schools, HEC, and worked as a business process analyst with Parexel International.
An occasional trader on the Nasdaq, NYSE and Euronext, I saw the need for a robust yet simple tool for stock traders. SystemTrader arose from my passions for both engineering software and analyzing the stock market.